- This event has passed.
Speaker Series: Gokhale Method w/ Faye Alexandrakis
March 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The Gokhale Method uses healthy posture and movement to help you restore your structural integrity and regain a pain-free life. It addresses the root cause of most muscle and joint pain, because you have a right to a pain-free back, neck, hips, knees, feet…
We are marvelously designed animals. We have inherent grace and strength, like every other creature on the planet. Our bodies strive to heal themselves, and if we respect our natural design, we can function well for close to a century.
Most pain can be attributed to how we hold ourselves and how we move. Since we aren’t born with a user’s manual, we rely on our culture to guide us. About a century ago, our culture took a wrong turn.
As a result, in the United States:
- 90% of adults experience back pain at some point in their lives.
- This year, 50% of working Americans will experience back pain.
- Back pain is now the leading cause of disability in people under 45 years old.
- By age 15, more than 60% of all adolescents have experienced back and/or neck pain.
We have lost sight of what constitutes healthy posture; in fact, many popular guidelines for “good posture” are just plain wrong. However, we can re-learn what we once knew:
- Our ancestors knew how to move without pain.
- Babies know how to move without pain.
- Some cultures still know how to move without pain.
This method educates you in a way that your culture does not, so that you can live a fully-functional, pain-free life.
You learn techniques to:
- Reduce or eliminate back pain, neck pain, and other muscle or joint pain
- Prevent muscle and joint degeneration and injury
- Increase your energy, stamina and flexibility
- Reduce stress and improve your appearance
Join us in the studio as Faye Alexandrakis leads us through a Speaker Series about The Gokhale Method and what it entails. Space is limited, so hold your spot online or RSVP at the front desk!